As a Vice President, Property Facultative Broker you willwork independently under minimal supervision. He or she develops solutions for client needs, responds to client questions, oversees account management of accounts, and assists with pursuing opportunities, advises clients and negotiates transactions.
Reviews risk information and considers client instructions to develop and structure reinsurance programmes in the most cost way.
Advises clients on moderately complex risks and negotiates transactions for clients.
Responds independently to client queries and concerns, resolving issues promptly to ensure client satisfaction.
Oversees the timely initiation of renewals, production of appropriate account/program documents and the follow-up on documentations.
Assists with identifying and pursuing potential opportunities to win new clients and projects. Actively maintains new business pipeline, manages counterpart client relationship.
Supports and assists in the design, development, and marketing of new programs to win new business.
Independently handles assignments and may also assist more senior-level Brokers in serving larger or more complex clients.
Establishes and maintains strong relationships with insurers/reinsurers, clients, and colleagues to provide complex solutions to clients.
Responsible for maintaining market response and placement progress and communicating to senior broker
Responsible for post placement review and executing actions
Fosters and promotes a team approach and mentors junior staff
What's in it for you?
• A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match.
• Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership throughout business.
• Employee Resource Groups that provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
• Social Impact volunteering opportunities available for all colleagues through a network of colleague and business partnerships.
• Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution.
• After six months, eligible for up to $10k tuition reimbursement per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
What you need to have:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Strong Microsoft Office skills especially with Excel and PowerPoint
• At least 6 years’ P&C insurance brokerage experience in an account or client management role
• Reinsurance experience ideal but not required
• Substantial insurance industry experience/expertise (reinsurer, insurance carrier or consulting firm)
• Exposure to different insurance business units and strategy
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
• Comfortable working in interactive teams with brokers, clients, etc.
• Proven experience leading day-to-day projects and making decisions to keep projects moving forward
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company’s 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading companies including Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit www.guycarp.com and follow Guy Carpenter on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter