This position serves as the lead field contact for assigned agents with ownership for profitable growth. Overall assignment will entail a select core of current and prospect "high growth potential MSA agencies" within a geographic territory. Accountabilities include agency management and aggressive new business development driving assigned agents to meet their business plan. Typical responsibilities include:
* Prospect and appoint agents in conjunction with the overall regional strategy for expansion of distribution outlets for MSA products; - Utilize market analytics to assess geographic territory to identify prospect and current customers with highest growth potential. - Appoint new customers based on book transfer or significant flow potential
* Identify vulnerable competitors within assigned agency plant to leverage book roll and or book thinning opportunities.
* Build detailed business plans for assigned agents.
* Determine appropriate visitation and establish an agreed to contact schedule for assigned agents based upon book transfer and significant flow opportunities.
* Possesses a strong knowledge of the territory and the region including agency, competitor, demographics and economic trends.
* Bachelor's degree * 6+ years of experience in the insurance industry with experience in sales, marketing, customer management and underwriting * Successful completion of the MSA Sales curriculum * Strong knowledge of the territory and the region including agency competitor demographics and economic trends * Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels * Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills * Ability to navigate an organization and leverage relationships to achieve results; demonstrate resiliency * Strong knowledge of business process improvement methodologies and techniques * Self-management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize and work independently * Ability to lead (provide direction & structure), network and influence at all levels * Tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty * Strong learning agility and problem solving skills * Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) * Strong organizational and human relation skills * Customer service oriented and focused * This job requires daily travel four to five days a week.
If you have a passion for taking ownership of projects, building relationships with coworkers and external clients and providing award-winning service, then The Main Street America Group is the place for you.
Since 1923, our mission has been to take care of our customers better than anyone else. Customer service is at the heart of everything we do.
Learn more about a career with Main Street America.