Business Development Representative Oklahoma/Missouri
Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Company
Remote (Missouri, USA)
Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Company
Position: Business Development Representative
Department: Field Operations
Reports To: Assistant Vice President, Field Operations
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide a front-line contact with accounts, brokers and prospective insureds to include sales, risk management services and underwriting of property and casualty insurance. This position is remote and covers the territory.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Solicit and develop new accounts
2. Service existing accounts to maintain current book of business and profitably grow the territory
3. Exercise underwriting authority, including pricing authority in the soliciting and servicing of new and renewal accounts
4. Inspect/survey both prospective and client sites as part of the risk management process
5. Actively participate in various wood trade associations and insurance industry meetings and conventions
6. Review coverages and programs and counsel insureds and brokers to ensure insurance to value
7. Manage territory securing appointments to ensure efficient travel
8. Administrative duties to complete all required documentation within the expected timeframe
9. Ongoing Professional Development required
10. Manage travel and related expenses
11. Overnight travel within territory of responsibility including required visits to Philadelphia/Home Office
Knowledge and Skills:
1. BA or higher degree preferred
2. Broad based insurance, sales, and marketing background essential
3. Certification of successful completion of insurance studies (CPCU, CIC, AU, General Insurance, etc.) preferred
4. Computer literacy, effective and proficient with Microsoft Office
5. Excellent communications, both verbal and written
6. Valid driver’s license and acceptable MVR
7. Strong teamwork, negotiation, organizational and time management skills required
8. Willingness to work irregular hours as the position requires
1. Ability to see and hear
2. Ability to speak clearly
3. Ability to sit for extended periods of time
4. Ability to drive and maintain acceptable MVR
5. Ability to perform field surveys, including the ability to walk, stand, climb stairs, etc.
To be the premier provider in the wood niche, it starts with our employees. Our unwavering dedication to the wood industry for 125 years is backed by our employees’ eagerness to understand the needs of our customers and our commitment to keeping them safe. With our industry and market segment constantly evolving, our employees engage in continuous learning and professional development to ensure that our products and services are the most up to date. Our staff takes great pride in being a knowledgeable resource for our insureds.
PLM headquarters is located in Center City Philadelphia, but a third of our staff resides throughout the country. We were recognized as a 2018 Top Insurance Workplace by Insurance Business America and a 2019 Top Workplace by The Philadelphia Inquirer.
We are looking for dedicated and highly motivated individuals to join our team.
BENEFITS & CAREER GROWTH
We Invest in our Employees
PLM believes that company growth starts with employee development. We fully fund continuing education within general business and insurance and encourage our people to pursue industry designations. Our benefits are designed to motivate and reward our people for their loyal service to PLM and its policyholders.
Medical (including Rx and vision)
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment
AFLAC – PLM offers several voluntary insurance plans through AFLAC. These plans are paid fully by the employee but administered by the company. Rates vary by age, coverage, and income.
Defined Contribution Plan-401(k) – Employer match up to 5% of contributions are 100% vested immediately under the Safe Harbor provisions of the plan.
PLM pays 100% for employees to further their insurance-related education.
Tuition Reimbursement – PLM offers up to $5,000 per calendar year for reimbursement for undergraduate or graduate level courses.
Business related training – PLM pays 100% for other job-related training courses
INTERNSHIPS & NEW GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES
We Help Build the Leaders of the Future
At PLM, we are dedicated to ensuring the growth of the insurance industry and our local Philadelphia communities by investing in young talent. Our Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn the industry from our exceptional staff through hands-on experiences. No matter if your interest lies in Claims, Underwriting or Business Development, you will have the opportunity to work side by side with our professional staff and make an immediate and lasting contribution to our company’s success.
We also have full time opportunities for recent graduates. Our Trainee Program is designed to give you the tools to be successful in this ever-changing industry. In addition, upon hiring you will be enrolled in our healthcare, 401K and professional development programs. Your career will be off to a successful start at PLM.