Sr. Client Manager Employee Health & Benefits (MMA Mid-Atlantic)
Marsh and McLennan
Virginia Beach, VA, United States
Senior Client Manager, Employee Health & Benefits
Virginia Beach or Richmond VA
As a Senior Client Manager (Employee Health & Benefits), you’ll provide advanced client service including claim resolution, billing/eligibility issues, and solving complicated issues while keeping our Benefits Consultant informed of results. Every day is a little different. Today you may be designing a multi-year strategy, working to drive carrier negotiations and overseeing technology implementation with high level of attention to detail on complex benefit design. Tomorrow, you could be preparing client presentations and coordinating and conducting open enrollment process. You’re a key piece of the puzzle when it comes to our client deliverables and retention of business. Whatever you’re working on, it’s all about building relationships with either internal teams or our clients and vendors. To thrive in this role, preferred candidates will have five (5) seven (7) years of experience in benefits or human resources. Candidates should have extensive Health Care Reform knowledge and the ability to translate the compliance issues to others. This position requires a Life & Health License, which colleagues would have ninety (90) days to obtain.
Interested? Keep reading.
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
We will count on you to:
• Foster positive working Client relationships with HR, Benefits, & Payroll and Owners/Executives Inform Strategic and/or Consultant of any significant changes relating to the Client
• Anticipate the need for and request current benchmarking data from carrier and/or internal resource at Strategic and/or Consultant direction
• Provide guidance/direction to Support and Specialty teams to prepare Client spreadsheets/proposal for all lines of coverage including:
• Prepare marketing request including census, benefits and rate data, and claims experience if applicable. Provide first review of RFP responses to ensure requested items were received, prepare client-ready analysis of plan options and contributions for final internal review by Strategic and/or Consultant
• Initiate Marketing process including instructing and overseeing the gathering all RFP documents from client or carrier. Ensure the accuracy of the Marketing request. Give direction on alternates to be quoted. Ensure proposals meet the client need and are represented accurately to the client. Formulate negotiation opportunities and communicates with Strategic or Consultant regarding opportunities for proposal improvement
• Regularly negotiate with carriers and vendors on pricing and contract terms
• Ownership of implementation projects ensuring we are on target to meet deadlines and client expectations
What you need to have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to dial into the details, ensuring accuracy of the minute details of a project or task.
• Life & Health License or ability to obtain within first 90 days
What makes you stand out:
• Five (5) - Seven (7) years of experience in HR or Benefits
• Prior experience working in broker/carrier environment
• Extensive Health Care Reform knowledge; is able to discuss with Clients the requirements under law (i.e. affordability, plan sufficiency, penalties for non-compliance, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of applicable insurance products/lines and fully insured markets
• Extensive knowledge of how products are utilized and administered
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursue dreams without limits. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: flexible, hybrid work environment, health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.