Work for an amazing Regional Mutual Insurance Carrier!!!
Under limited supervision and with independent judgment, review insurance applications to evaluate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review and evaluate insurance applications, renewals and endorsements within defined authority, approve, modify or decline risks.
2. Determine and authorize reinsurance, if necessary.
3. Communicate with agents and internal staff to collect necessary information to perform risk assessment.
4. Build and maintain positive working relationships with agents and internal staff; assists and responds to inquiries by telephone, correspondence, agency visits, and visits to insured operation.
5. Maintain profitable business in territory through proper selection, pricing, and monitoring of business.
6. May provide leadership to junior staff by assigning tasks, training, and providing guidance. May provide input to management regarding junior staff performance.
Since our inception, The Murphius Group has been totally focused on building a strategic, quality search practice.
You will see a common theme with us. We expend 100% of our efforts building relationships and filling positions within the Michigan insurance market place. We believe there is a large value to living, working and belonging to key organizations within Michigan.
You will also see that our staff has gained experience in the insurance arena before embarking on the practice of recruiting. This gives us a unique perspective when working with both clients and candidates. We not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.
Passion is also very important to us. We work to continuously exude it. If you have it also, you're exactly who we're looking to work with. We look forward to hearing from you!