The Vice President, Midwest Regional Officer is responsible for directing, managing, and leading the strategic plan for PMA Companies' Midwest Region. This will include growing the PMA brand in this established market, forming solid relationships with key distribution partners in the region, and creating a portfolio of profitable large account and loss sensitive, middle market, captive, and TPA business in alignment with the company's goals and objectives.
- Leading the development of a distribution plan for the region leveraging his/her own broker and agent relationships, PMA relationships that have operations in the Midwest, and the development of greenfield distribution partnerships.
- Ensuring the profitability, growth objectives, and operational efficiencies of PMA Companies' Midwest Region.
- Leading and directing staff with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with corporate strategic direction, not to mention passion, teamwork, a sense of urgency, and effective communications.
- Providing oversight for the account management process and ensure the highest levels of customer service.
- Maintaining customer service and the company's commitment to risk control.
- Ensuring the effective use of resources in alignment with company strategies.
- Administering and controlling the expense budget to contribute to a cost-effective operation.
- Ensuring compliance to jurisdictional and statutory regulations.
- Participating in industry-related events, such as insurance associations, department meetings and rating boards.
- Demonstrating commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.