This position will manage, evaluate and enhance the return-to-work process for absences related to personal and work-related illnesses for our client. The Workplace Accommodations Specialist will review job restrictions and accommodation requests as well as medical documentation in consideration for potential return-to-work opportunities.
- Collaborates with client's Human Resources, Risk Management, and internal leadership teams to ensure compliance with ADA regulations.
- Evaluates job descriptions to maximize potential opportunities available to employees unable to return to their pre-disability positions.
- Monitors availability of work within temporary and permanent restrictions.
- Provides direction to all parties related to the area of expertise and acts as a subject matter expert on federal and state regulations and employer practices.
- Provides considerations of approval or denial of reasonable accommodations within the ADA requirements.
- Possesses knowledge and expertise on all related regulations at federal, state and local levels and understanding of the collective bargaining agreements as applicable to the accommodations process.
- Reviews and tracks medical information, restrictions, and accommodation requests.
- Maintains consistent follow-up with medical providers, department leaders, supervisors, case managers, adjusters, and other related parties.
- Obtains and documents initial and ongoing restrictions.
- Participates in various projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.