Time Type: Full timeWorker Type: EmployeeBased in Cebu and reporting to the Finance Services Team Lead (TL) – Tax, under the GSSC Enterprise Services (ES) tower. This role will assist the TL and the Finance Services Operations Manager – Tax (OM) in ensuring that QBE’s tax compliance and reporting obligations are satisfied for all applicable taxes in UK/Europe (income tax, indirect taxes, etc.) for International - European Operations division (International - EO), including assisting with tax audits and the provision of ad-hoc tax advisory to the broader QBE business, with particular focus on high complexity and urgent tasks and/or first-level review role, as applicable.
- Act as 1st level reviewer role on various tax and/or preparer role on high complex/urgent tasks.
- Supervise others in completing process tasks and reviews the accuracy of inputs to the relevant tax balances
- Perform the tax and/or accounting variance analysis/reconciliation process which may include the following:
Beginning Balance Reconciliation
Matching and/or reconciliation of tax balances across various reports (i.e., GL/SL Oracle balances to multiple underwriting systems, as applicable)
Testing for accuracy and/or completeness of tax bases, tax rates per country/state, as applicable
Follow-up resolution of variance noted in the tax balances
Review comments for outstanding items and undertake the required action
oAssist the Team Leader in the resolution of any outstanding tax matters based on the variance investigation/analysis
- In coordination with the Team Leader and/or Operations Manager, acts as overall champion for issue resolution with additional focus on investigation, continuous process improvements, and POCs for stakeholder management
- Contribute to the refinement of processes and procedures to improve tax reporting, tax control and any tax related matter in the course of the service delivery
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.